Saturday, September 22, 2012

Pumpkins, pumpkins, we love pumpkins!

The air is feeling crisp, the woodstove smell is in the air, and I'm loving the start of Autumn!  Of course, Autumn is also a great time for lots of yummy treats.  Since I am trying to stay away from those treats, I decided to figure out how to use pumpkin for good! :)

Alas, I present to you, the pumpkin smoothie!


Okay, so I'm not the first to invent something like this, but it's good, nonetheless.

Here's what I did:

I bought a pie pumpkin, but you could use canned pumpkin.  I could only find the pumpkin pie filling which is loaded with sugar, so I decided just to buy a pumpkin and cook it up.

2 cups of milk of your choice.
1/2 cup of pumpkin
1 banana
1 TBSP Agave or sweetener of your choice
1/4 cup leftover oatmeal from breakfast
1 TBSP Flax
sprinkle of cinnamon
sprinkle of ginger

Throw it all in a blender, and there you go...one pumpkin smoothie.

I kinda wanna make another one.  I just finished my last one 2.5 minutes ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment