Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Feeling Under the Weather

I've been feeling a little under the weather here, so of course, what do I decide to do when a bad head cold hits?  Move furniture of course!  I have been doing a lot of de-cluttering over the past few months, and some of that has come in the form of furniture. So today I shuffled some stuff around.  My favorite spot in our house right now is this:


(Stop looking at the dust!) ;)

This spot makes me think of those places in Asia where you sit on the floor to eat. This is the hutch that goes to our desk, which is now in another location for another use.  The table holding the keyboard has recently been mod-podged...because come on,mod-podge is fun!

The funny thing is,this computer doesn't get used. We have three computers in this house. Ridiculous, I know, but my husband has his own laptop for work that he takes with him, and I got his old one.  This computer in the picture is just in a bad location...near sleeping kids.  We talked about getting rid of it, but it's actually doing something there...providing us with our wireless connection for the rest of the computers.  I'm sure we could change it around somehow with some tools, but the thought of that is too complicated for my brain.

Anyways, I digress...

So, after I spent the afternoon moving furniture, I was really feeling the head cold.  Totally being in "pumpkin" mood lately, I decided to make a pumpkin smoothie but add some greens.  Greens are definitely a good choice when you are sick!


Pumpkin Green Smoothie:

1/2 cup cooked pumpkin
2 bananas
2 large handfuls of spinach
Milk of your choice
1 Tbsp Agave
1 Tbsp Flax

And I just realized I forgot to add some spirulina, but if you decide to, it will make the smoothie darker of course.

So yummy!

And of course, I had to accompany that with some raw vegan treats.  I've discovered this new website, Healthful pursuit, and I kid you not when I say I've spent the past few nights SALIVATING over her recipes, and bookmarking dozens of ones I want to try.  I did make some No Bake Fudge Drops.  This is the picture that played out shortly after in my house:


Notice they have one each.  I won't tell you that I who ate the other six.

So, all in all, it's been a busy, delicious day.  Now I'm ready to do some crocheting, and fall into bed, ready for a busy day of swimming lessons, flyer reading:), and homeschooling tomorrow.





No comments:

Post a Comment